July 1, 2004

Thoughts

So here goes,

Orginally I had thought of calling this blog "Walking through Fire" -- in reference not only to what my life feels like of late but also to the verse in Isaiah 43:1-2

But now thus says the L-d your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you O Israel,"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are Mine! When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you. For I am the L-d your G-d the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.".

I first heard this reference at a Baptist Student Union conference when in collage and had no idea how the L-d would bring it back to mind in my life. I find myself coming back to it over and over.

This lifestyle called "serving your country" is an extremly stressful one even during peace time and the last 15 years have never been dull that's for sure! However this last year or so has been a doozy! Thus the reference to the verse........
In the last year we have had two vans break down(no surprise here as any veteran military spouse can tell you that everything breaks down, falls apart, etc as soon as hubby leaves for any amount of time!), broken bones, stitches, hospital stays for my little ones asthma, two surgeries for me, deployment, traveling home and back by myself with 4 children, etc, etc, etc,etc!! It is has just been a very hard year keeping things together by myself. Nevertheless I know my times are in the L-ds hands.

So here we are today............oh I changed the name to Household Six because it encompases everything a little better but the theme is still basically the same. For those of you who may not know generally the commanders radio call sign is __________6 such as Cougar6 for Charlie battery, etc. The running joke in the Army is that Household6 is for the real boss at home--the wife!!! So it's just a little fun!for now too.

So today I am off to Hanau to grocery shop--what you need to know is that in Germany if you don't want to shop in the German store you have to shop at the commisary "on post" ours here in Giessen is smaller than Hanau and open less hours. My friend and I also want to go to their Arts and Crafts store (also bigger) for some scrapping supplies and a special something for her husband. I also am planning to shop for a homecoming outfit -- you know something cute and a little sexy but not sleezy!!

I haven't figured out how to link to other blogs yet but check out CPT Patti for some really good stuff! This is my neighbor's blog! http://www.gatorsix.blogspot.com

Later.......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)