November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Well here we are the day before Thanksgiving. Gotta clean house and get ready for tomorrow but wanted to dash off a post.
So many things to be Thankful for - a home, children, my hubby, friends who love me, family (even though they may be annoying at times), and over all God's love and care.
It's a blustery, cold day here in this part of KS perfect for cleaning, ironing and baking. We will also be reading out of Barbara Rainey's Thanksgiving book.

So many times I get caught up in what I don't have that I forget to be thankful for the things I do. Even the small things like clothes, heat, and food! Smiles, etc. But God says to be thankful in everything, not FOR everything but in it - to look for the good in every circumstance. There's always something to be thankful for even if it's that the situation isn't worse than it is!

Tomorrow we are headed to post for the Thanksgiving service and then having lunch at the Dining Facility (Mess hall) with family and friends. This is always a big deal - the biggest day of the year for Army cooks- with great food, ice sculptures, men in dress uniforms and family time.

Take time to remember too the troops overseas and give thanks for them and your freedoms.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)