February 12, 2008

Musings

I have a good friend who I need to talk to, not sure what I did or did not do that has offended her but it grieves me that our friendship (a long one I treasured) has become strained. Honestly I'm not sure it's fixable. Some of it isn't even horrible differences but rather a divergence of paths -- I would like to have a place with property, animals and a "simpler" life if you will and yet at this point I truly feel the Lord calling me to do more with the women's ministry I'm involved with (see PWOC link in the sidebar) and ministering to the military wives around me. To be content with the life I have right now and seek to glorify him in it.

Does differences of opinion mean that one or the other of us is wrong? Or living a life outside of God's will somehow? I don't think it does or has to equate to that. There are so many things we agree on -- I am not your typical city girl or military wife if you will; home birth, home schooling, the importance of truly living together as a body of Christ/caring for one another/having deep relationships/living in community with one another,knowing how to milk a cow or goat, how to ride a horse, how to make cheese, things like that. However I don't think that being a military wife is out of the will of God. My friend has said that isn't His will for husband's to be away from their families so much -- perhaps not in a perfect world, or even for some people but does that necessarily negate His call on our life? Does that mean that no one in the military/who chooses to stay in is outside of His will? DO they equate or does that only apply to her life and not to mine? I'm not talking relativism here but this is not a salvation issue....


Thoughts?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)