April 6, 2008

PWOC --- following God's leading.

You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord,
“and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.

Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.

I have revealed and saved and proclaimed—
I, and not some foreign god among you.
You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.

Yes, and from ancient days I am he.
No one can deliver out of my hand.
When I act, who can reverse it?”

Isa 43:10-13

These are verses the Lord gave me in reference to my appointment as President of PWOC this year here at Fort Riley. This Tuesday is the day we will be affirmed. There has been a hue and cry from one of the ladies who is my friend (but whom I may have confided in to quickly) but feels this is not the time for me to be President. While I respect her opinion I have issues when others tell me they are speaking for God. Can I not hear him? While I in no way claim to be perfect or even close to it I firmly believe God uses ordinary women with all their flaws to do extraordinary things for him if they are willing to be yielded to Him. And Satan can even use us to stir up trouble if we give into our own desires for something! Blind us to that fact.

I feel the Lord has very clearly told me He will lead me as I lead them. After fasting and praying I am going forward with the nomination and on Tues if no one stands up to affirm that I will move on from there. Do I feel qualified? Nope not really but I think if I did I would be doing things in my own strength rather than His and my thought is that He wants me to trust Him, to cling to Him, that He is going to provide --- women to step up and serve with me who I can trust, money for gas(!), time management, school with the kiddos, etc... see Philippians 4:19. While I am excited to see what God will do it hurts my heart that all of this nonsense is going on! Surely God is not pleased when His children can't get along! Just as it is irritating when siblings fight and fuss so it must be to Him when we fuss over everything from carpet color to who's the best person for the job.

Tuesday will be interesting.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)