January 28, 2011

Getting Healthy ....

This is my "resolution" for the new year if you will...
  To get healthy in all the area's of my life! Webster's 1828 dictionary defines Health as:

HEALTH, n. helth. [from heal.] That state of an animal or living body, in which the parts are sound, well organized and disposed, and in which they all perform freely their natural functions. In this state the animal feels no pain. This word is applied also to plants.
1. Sound state of the mind; natural vigor of faculties.
2. Sound state of the mind, in a moral sense; purity; goodness.
3. Salvation or divine favor, or grace which cheers God's people. Ps.43,
4. Wish of health and happiness
5. (Healthy) Wholesomeness; salubrity; state or qualities that promote health; as the healthfulness of the air, or of climate, or of diet, or of exercises.
 
So what exactly do I mean all areas of my life ? Well  here goes:
  Physically -- eating better and losing weight hopefully of course but more along the lines of feeling better, having more energy, exercising on a regular basis, having a daily routine/schedule and sticking to it for the most part (something I've struggled with for years), getting the dreaded follow up MRI out of the way (for those of you who don't know I have a Chiari malformation but am asymptomatic), and the endoscopy (esophogeal stricture so if we're ever out to lunch and I leave the table fairly suddenly it's fine just need to stand up or visit the ladies room), getting my hormones back in whack and getting on with the essential oils
 
Spiritually/Mentally/Emotionally - I was going to seperate all 3 of these but they're so entertwined I decided not to! Getting my prayer journal in order and using it! Praying more often, memorizing more scripture, praise music, playing my flute and piano more often, laughing more and looking at the glass 1/2 empty less, taking every thought captive, setting better boundaries (reading the book, as well as another Bible study and here) - which I'm sure will thrill some of the people in my life but it's time, adjusting to having only boys at home and two "extras" in our life! Being in a place where I feel healthy and less fragile some days, where life is good even when it's not, to let go of some things and appropriate others. Continue to pray for good friends here -- does lonesome fit here or under socially? hmmm...  To begin to do those things again that bring me joy or a sense of contentment.
 
Marriage Wise (is Maritally a word? I think it is but anyhow..) - appreciating my husband more and loving him, working on communication and all that! (and let's face it some hanky panky when he's home!); Watching Mark Gungor's tapes we were blessed with, attending more marriage seminars together, etc As a military wife sometimes there is a certain "distance" we have from our spouses (no not just physically) and to close that gap.
 
Financially - Continue working on getting out of debt, redo our budget and stick to it a little better (always room for improvement!), be able to give generously and also just have fun without having to worry about what it costs. Tithe.
 
I think that's it for now, sorry if they are vague. Just really feel like God is calling me to come up higher this year health wise, to be, if not healthy at least healthier!
 
What about you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, it pleases me. :) I love you, my friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)