October 26, 2011

Nothing ....{Day25}


"I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in Me and I in him produces much fruit, because you can do nothing without Me."





I was struck by this passage a few years ago and felt God saying "You can do NOTHING without me, stop trying so hard. You don't live and breathe without me so what makes you think you can do other things? Sure you can can walk your own way, do what you want but will it last in the end? Nothing you do without me is eternal. I've made you the way I have for my Glory not your own." 


It's all Grace. Only by His Grace can I hope to abide in Him, live, breathe and move in Him. Opening my eyes every morning and dreaming at night ---- it's His Grace.


The realization I can do nothing without Him can bring a sense of failure or why try if we listen to our flesh or Satan ... but ... if we listen to Christ it brings freedom to know He loves us and is moving in every bit, part, and breathe of our lives....
    That I don't have to accomplish anything other than obedience .. He will do the restWithout His word in my life, His very breathe in my day, I can do nothing .... but with it? I can do mighty things through Him.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)