December 9, 2011

Jingle Jingle Jingle ca ching....

that's the sound of Christmas Joy ...... so goes the line on one of the Veggie Tale Christmas songs....(one of our cd's we listen to every year! :) )

It's all to easy to get caught up in who needs what present, which store, etc this time of year! Even for Christians ... now there's absolutely nothing wrong with gift giving I'm not saying there is but sometimes we need to refocus...

yesterday (yes I'm behind) the topic on the  Wives of Faith Blog Carnival was "your favorite non material Christmas Gift ....
 

      Babies, hubby's home from deployment, and perspective are all gifts mentioned -- check out what the other ladies had to say!

For me I remember one Christmas Eve at Candlelight Service some of the guys came walking in from a Yakima Rotation (Ft Lewis anyone?) it was so fun to watch the joyous surprised reactions of the ladies and then worship together!  My honey wasn't one of them, he came home later that night but it was still truly a joy to see that and on such a special night and place!

Another memory would be sitting on the tarmac waiting for the plane to be deiced whilst traveling home while hubby was in Iraq the first time and our youngest who was three at the time softly singing "the Cassions go rolling around "....  :)

Finding Joy in the midst of lifes struggles, something the military has taught me is truly a choice, I guess that's the gift....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)