January 30, 2013

No Fear ....

Chances are you've seen these posts, photos or "pins" on fear and how many times it's stated in the Bible. And while it's apparently debatable as far as accuracy it seems comforting to think so ...

However it can also be discouraging or even downright annoying when you are "Living in the Gap" between faith and fear, in the midst of hard circumstances or just plain tired ....

I have started a Chronological reading the Bible program this year and it struck me when God tells Jacob in Gen 46: “I am the God of your father. Don’t be afraid of going down to Egypt. I’m going to make you a great nation there. I’ll go with you down to Egypt; I’ll also bring you back here. And when you die, Joseph will be with you; with his own hand he’ll close your eyes.” .. that God wasn't telling Joseph not to be afraid because he wasn't but very likely because he WAS!

Not because we are never to be afraid or because it's somehow failing Him when we are but because we are human and He knows we ARE afraid/struggle with fear.

But just as with Jacob ...It is in the very places we are afraid that He does great things if we trust Him and that He has a plan even when we can't see it. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thoughts

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." .... Jeremiah 29:11 (esv)